When deciding on giving consent for acquisition of property rights to foreign citizens (except citizens and legal entities from the European Union state members) on properties in the Republic of Croatia, the administrative procedure is applied on the party's (acquierer's) demand.
The procedure is implemented pursuant to the regulations of the Law on Possession and other Material Rights (Official Gazzete, 91/96, 68/98, 137/99, 22/00, 73/00, 114/01, 79/06, 141/06, 146/08, 38/09 and 153/09) and General Public Administration Procedure Law (Official Gazzete, 47/09).
Written claim is submitted directly to the Writing Office or is sent by mail to the address: Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Croatia; Civil, Commercial and Administrative Law Directorate; Dežmanova 6; 10000 Zagreb.
You have to enclose the following documents to the written claim:
• legal basis for acquiring property (purchase and sale agreement, donation of property, agreement on maintenance and similar) in the original or a certified copy;
• evidence of ownership from vendor/alienator of estate, or registered land certificate, in the original or a certified copy, not older than six months;
• certificate from self-government's administrative body empowered for urbanism and land use planning based on location of the estate, on legal status of the estate (is estate situated within boundaries of construction area defined in the urban development plan);
• evidence of acquirer's citizenship (certified copy of passport and similar) or evidence on status of legal person (excerpt from the court register), if the acquirer is a foreign citizen;
• if requestor is represented by a counsel, it is necessary to deliver licence in the original or a certified copy;
• if requestor has not a counsel to represent him, and he is staying abroad, he is obliged to define a counsel for receiving written documents with residence in the Republic of Croatia
Party will be asked to deliver, within reasonable period, other documents as well, if they are necessary for the procedure.
Besides the claim and the listed documents, it is necessary to enclose the evidence that administrative fee of 50,00 kn is paid for, pursuant to Tariff item 101 a, Tariffs for administrative fees of Act on Administrative Fees (Official Gazzete 8/96, 77/96, 95/97, 131/97, 68/98, 66/99, 145/99, 116/00, 163/03, 129/06i and 60/08).
Furthermore, administrative fee of 100,00 kn is also paid for decision on acquiring real estate and 20,00 kn for every contingent supplement of claim (in case of missing documents).
Administrative fees of 100,00 kn are paid with public duty stamps of corresponding money equivalent, while amounts higher of 100,00 kn must be paid by general money order on the account of the State Budget of the
- Republic of Croatia No: 1001005-1863000160,
- and number 64 (model) should be written in the first box of the money order,
- and number 5002 in the second box
Croatian citizens have to write down their PIN next to number 5002, and foreign citizens have to write down number 721 and their PIN next to 5002. Besides filled-in general money order (or public duty stamps), person that submits the claim or his/her counsel should enclose all necessary documentation.
You can download the information on reciprocity (mutuality) for acquiring property rights on real estates between the Republic of Croatia and other countries if you click on Downloads.