Prison System Directorate
Prison System Directorate is an administrative organisation in the Ministry, founded by a special law, which performs administrative and professional tasks related to execution of prison sentence passed in criminal, misdemeanour and other court proceedings, to juvenile imprisonment, fines substituted with prison sentence in penal and misdemeanour procedures, custody measures, measures of pre-trial prison, corrective measures of instructing to correctional institution.
It also performs internal supervision of regular and legal work (of organisational units) of penitentiaries, prisons, correctional institutions and Education centre and performs professional training for prison system servants for their exercising of criminal sanctions and measures from the Directorate's jurisdiction.
The following organisational units are organised within the Prison System Directorate:
- Central Office
- Sector for Informatisation of the Prison System
- Penitentiaries in Glina, Lepoglava, Lipovica-Popovača, Požega, Turopolje, Valtura, Prison hospital in Zagreb and Penitentiary and Prison in Šibenik
- Prisons in Bjelovar, Dubrovnik, Gospić, Karlovac, Osijek, Požega, Pula, Rijeka, Sisak, Split, Varaždin, Zadar and Zagreb
- Correctional institutions in Požega and Turopolje
- Centre for diagnostics in Zagreb and Education centre
Scope of work of the Prison System Directorate is stipulated by the Decree on Internal Organisation of the Ministry of Justice (OG 28/2012).